Are you a Photographer, Designer or Videographer? Its time to get most out of it. Photography can act both as a Passion or Career. If you want to do photography as a career or part-time, in either case, you can show your portfolio and also earn a passive income out of it.
There are several stock photography sites where you can register as a contributor, upload your photos and share the link of your Online Portfolio so showcase your work online and also get paid whenever it gets downloaded. Shutterstock is the best site where photos get sold easily (even phone photography). But the drawback is, you get only 40% of the price for which your photo got sold.
Gone are the days when you required coding or hire someone for you to do so. Today, the sites are built with just choosing a template, drag & drop blocks which you want and you are ready to go. Below is the list of some platforms which offers you the best services to build your own Photography Sites.
You may want to consider making your own Portfolio Website:
- If you want to sell your work and keep 100% of your revenue
- If you want to make your own portfolio online and showcase your work
- If you want to strengthen your brand with a custom domain name (eg. myphotography.com)
- Get your own email address powered by G Suite
Online Portfolio/Website Maker- Format
Format is a Portfolio site builder for creatives developed which is developed by other creatives. No need to post your work on Social media like Instagram, rather build an Online Portfolio as it looks more professional.
Format is fairly easy to use and also to set up in a quick amount of time. So after signing up the first thing that we need to do is to select a theme for our website as you can see here
They’re actually quite a nice amount of themes provided by formats and they all look pretty awesome and also you can actually preview the mobile versions too. Once you’ve selected a theme from the available choices you can then see the progress of your website creation in the dashboard.
Some Key Features of Format are:
- Responsive design to adapt any screen– Not only are its themes developed by award-winning artists, but they also look great on desktop computers, tablets, and mobile phones and are completely adaptive. That way, even on their mobile, potential customers can enjoy a sleek and beautifully built portfolio platform. No more images that are pixelated and low-resolution, painfully slow loading times, and web pages that damage the reputation that is awkwardly cut.
- Photographers’ Tools– Becoming a creative creator is about more than just talent. Format Magazine is a thorough selection of business tips, art news, visual inspiration, tales, how-to’s, video features for artists, and guides for designers and photographers to courses. With the latest information, they are constantly updating Format Magazine to help you develop your craft and your business.
- Advanced online Portfolio maker– Format offers you your very own website that you can customise to your taste, unlike social networking sites like Behance and Dribble.
- Client Integration– Your website could act as a private, password-protected gallery rather than a portfolio platform, so your customers should review and comment on proof and early draughts. Clients can also download from your website directly. You may say farewell to heavy and time-consuming file transfers this way.
- Software Integration– Format also features integration with Lightroom and Capture One, making it simple to integrate into your current workflow.
- Your Shop– Artists are still on the lookout for new revenue streams. You can make extra income from selling pictures, prints, postcards, and merchandise, and offering packages and presets with the online store feature. Orders, discounts, and much more can also be monitored. The role of the online store is just as simple to set up and they never take a commission. That means you’re keeping 100% of your sales.
- Choose Domain+Email– A custom domain and email address are important if you want to show yourself as a skilled and competent artist. In addition to helping you register and connect to your own domain, Format also offers access to the professional services of G Suite, plus 30 GB of cloud-based storage. It’s more than just putting the best work out there to build a portfolio. Format will provide you with the resources to make the most of your website.
How do I create a website to sell photos?
You can choose a Site builder to sell your Photos, Designs, Art, Illustration, Fashion or Videos. No need to post your work on Social media like Instagram, rather build an Online Portfolio as it looks more professional.